Want to SAVE MONEY and have your files go straight into production?
... Simply supply your files to our specs.
You can download our pre-setup templates or create your own page to the following guidelines... Or click here to go direct to our templates page.
FILE SIZE AND FORMAT
1. Supply your file as a .pdf file.
Ideally we require one PDF file with all pages in their correct order (Page 1 is ALWAYS the front, Page 2 is ALWAYS the back.)
If the order is for multiple designs i.e.. 3 x 500 cards, then the fronts will be pages 1, 3 and 5 and the backs will be pages 2, 4 and 6.
For jobs that have an additional finish ie. foiling, embossing, die cut line, hole punch position etc. these MUST be positioned on the respective pages AFTER the back page. For example pg1-FRONT; pg2-BACK; pg3-FOIL; pg4 DIECUT LINE. DO NOT include any special artwork on the same page. Feel free to supply a composite of all layers on one page named COMPOSITE. Contact us or your designer / reseller for any any further assistance.
2. Supply all jobs on landscape pages. Portrait cards are to be rotated 90 degrees for the front, 270 degrees for the back. This helps with our automation process to allow your file to go straight through (please note that this is for business cards. Any other products, please check with us before rotating the file).
3. Include a bleed edge around all your files.‚ 3mm bleed for business cards, rackcards, postcards ect. 3mm bleed for A4 brochures, presentation folders, small booklets or files requiring folding. 5mm bleed for catalogue work.
When setting up the page that your design sits on, the page size in your design application MUST include the correct amount of bleed. For example, any orders which are 86x55mm MUST have a page size of 91x61mm (or 90x55mm would be 96x61mm) DO NOT have the bleed figure separate in the document setup, as this may get trimmed off when saving as a PDF.
4. Check ‚Links‚ and watch for RGB images. Any RGB images need to be converted to CMYK. Ensure that any links / images supplied are at least 300dpi. If your job is going into a full colour print run then ALL colours (Pantone and RGB) must be converted to CMYK. If the order is a Spot/Pantone Colour job then ensure that the spot colours you want to use are named properly and any unused colours are deleted from the colour palette. Please write any special PMS colours in the instructions field at the time of uploading your file.
5. Convert all fonts to paths/outlines or curves before exporting/saving as a PDF.
- Ensure all text or important graphic elements are at least 3mm in from the trim line as some movement may occur at the trimming stage. Ideally download one of our templates for setup.
- Check any solid black areas or thin black text. Make sure any thin, black text is set to overprint and check that any solid black areas including thick, black type are made up of 100% black only. If you require a solid black background then a 'carrier' will need to be added. This can be created from by using a percentage of another colour (eg. 60% Cyan) with the black. If printing in CMYK (full colour) then using a breakdown of Cyan 30, Magenta 30, Yellow 30, Black 100 is ideal.
- To ensure ease of reordering, it is recommended that the phone number or website name of the company that is arranging the print is listed on the back of the card (as a small insignia) in the bottom corner. 3pt font, 50% grey is recommended.
- When working with special layers, ie foils or embosses the file for these special layers needs to be supplied as 100% black only (100K)
- Any spot silver files ie full colour front with spot silver needs to be supplied as CMYK with the spot silver being 877c.